Monday, June 8, 2015

52 Ancestors No. 23- The Moynahan-McHugh Wedding (1954)

This is my twenty-third of 52 blog posts for the 2015 edition of the 52 Ancestors challenge. I have been blogging my family history for the #52Ancestors challenge since it began in 2014.

#52Ancestors asks bloggers to "have one blog post each week devoted to a specific ancestor. It could be a story, a biography, a photograph, an outline of a research problem — anything that focuses on one ancestor. 


June is a month for weddings and in this week's post I am sharing the beautiful photos that I have in my collection of my aunt Patricia Moynahan (my father's sister) and my uncle Edward McHugh who were married in 1954.



Newspaper clipping (newspaper not known)
January 20, 1954
The bride and groom with their parents:
Mr and Mrs. John McHugh of Detroit and
Ernest and Rhea (Coughlin) Moynahan of Windsor
The large wedding party which included Patricia's two brothers: John and Ernest Jr. 


The happy couple leaving 912 Marentette Ave. Windsor

No comments:

Post a Comment