Friday, June 18, 2021

Ancestry Adds The Casey Collection

In October 2020, I blogged about a wonderful presentation by the Olde Sandwich South and Area Historical Society OSSAHS regarding the Irish settlement in Sandwich South, Ontario and how it was connected to the Blackwater area of Cork and Kerry, Ireland.

Screen Capture of Essex OGS Pesentation (21:27)

In particular, I wrote about the link between Judy Robson’s Downey/Downing ancestors and my own Moynahan ancestors to the Blackwater area of Ireland and the work of Dr. Albert Casey Dr. Casey who collected, recorded, and transcribed every record that he could find in the area .

Screen Capture of Essex OGS Pesentation

 Ancestry Adds Casey Collection

 
Dr  Albert Casey recorded a total of 30,000 pages listing 3,000,000 personal names (indexed in each of the 16 volumes).
 
I have just started to quickly peruse the various volumes and already I am finding the familiar surnames that I was hoping to find such as Cronin, Leary, Moynihan, Moynahan, Sullivan etc. in the Nohaval 1839 marriages below.

 
This is a great resource for anyone searching Irish records in this area of Cork and Kerry.

Source:"Casey Aid" by Michael Patin http://sites.rootsweb.com/~irlker/pdf/caseyaid.pdf

I know what will be on my reading list for the rest of this summer.
 
Links to Ancestry Casey Collection Volumes:

 Additional Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment