Saturday, April 19, 2014

52 Ancestors #15: The Next Generation - We Are Family

No Story Too Small has issued a New Year's Challenge: "Have one blog post each week devoted to a specific ancestor. It could be a story, a biography, a photograph, an outline of a research problem — anything that focuses on one ancestor.” 
 
In 52 weeks of the 2014 52 Ancestors challenge I missed three posts (#15-The Next Generation, #16 - Family Places and Homes in Mimico  and #17 - Joseph Foreman (1933-1999): Track Star and Olympian ). I have decided to go back and fill in those blank pages with some photographs that I feel are important to share with my family.
 
This week the photos are group shots of the "next generation". By "next generation" I mean the grandchildren (and great grandchildren) of Joan and Ernie Moynahan.
 
It is a tradition to do a group photo at family gatherings in front of the beloved blue spruce that stands at the corner of the lot at our family home.
 
As time passes, gatherings become more difficult with a busy and growing family and the last group shots were taken at my niece's wedding in 2008, a family vacation in Florida in 2009 and a family ski holiday in Collingwood in 2010. 
 
I think a wonderful resolution for 2015 would be to gather the family again in front of that grand old blue spruce tree.
 

 

 


2007
 
 
 
2009
 
 
 
 
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment