Tuesday, October 21, 2014

52 Ancestors #40: My GG Mary (Broderick) Moynahan

No Story Too Small has issued a New Year's Challenge: "Have one blog post each week devoted to a specific ancestor. It could be a story, a biography, a photograph, an outline of a research problem — anything that focuses on one ancestor.” 

This week's post is about my great grandmother (GG) Mary Anne Elizabeth (Broderick) Moynahan.
.
Pictured left to right: Cindi Moynahan,
great grandmother Mary (Broderick) Moynahan and Lori Moynahan.
539 Campbell Ave. Windsor, Ontario (circa 1959)
I have four great grandmothers:


Great grandmother Moynahan was the the only GG alive when I was born and I am so grateful that I had a chance to meet her.

Birth certificate
Mary was the daughter of Martin Broderick and Mary Hussey
Mary Broderick on her wedding day 10 May 1898 with John Moynahan

The children of John and Mary
John and Mary

Mary (Broderick) Moynahan

Mary (Broderick) Moynahan

Rear (L to R) Rhea (Coughlin) Moynahan, Bernard Moynahan, Mary (Broderick) Moynahan
Front (L to R) Patricia Moynahan, John Moynahan, Ernest Jr Moynahan
I love that she had this photograph taken with her dog!


Windsor Star
December 21, 1960
(Page 8 of 60
)

Obituary

Funeral card
LINKS

Mary's Husband John Moynahan
Mary's Father: Martin Broderick
Mary's Mother: Mary (Hussey) Broderick


No comments:

Post a Comment