Sunday, February 23, 2014

My Family Tree




The primary surnames in my paternal genealogical research are Moynahan, Coughlin, Broderick, Annal, Brennan, Hussey, Hess and Duffy. On my maternal side (Creighton and Moreland) I have benefited immensely from my cousin B. Creighton's ongoing and extensive research.

The fourteen ancestors pictured above have lived in Ireland, Scotland, Germany, Canada and the United States. Discovering information about them has been a project of love that has sustained me for many decades now. 

In 2014 I hope to share online what I have learned about them while continuing to dig deeper into the archives to locate many more ancestors still on my list.

Thanks for dropping by.


Our Family

Memory is the place where
our vanished days
secretly gather

It is my hope that this tiny website of vanished days will bring a smile, 
and a fond remembrance.

An Irish Blessing

“May the nourishment of the earth be yours,
May the clarity of light be yours,
May the fluency of the oceans be yours,
May the protection of the ancestors be yours.
And so may a slow wind
work these words of love around you
an invisible cloak
to mind your life”

Irish Blessing taken from “Beannacht”
John O’Donahue

No comments:

Post a Comment