Thursday, August 29, 2019

OTD: August 30: Raymond Stanislaus Krolicki Died (1986)

On October 26, 2017, I posted about Ambrose E. Moynahan who died "On That Day" in  1954.


Ambrose Moynahan was a mining engineer and is one of our Michigan/Colorado Moynahan ancestors. While researching Ambrose in 2017, I discovered two surprises:
  1. I discovered (too late) that I had connected with Ambrose’s granddaughter June Woeber in 2002 on an ancestry message board. June passed in 2014 in California.(See: https://moynahangenealogy.blogspot.com/2017/10/otd-oct-26-ambrose-edwin-moynahan-died.html)
  2. I also discovered a familial connection to a Capt. James Minihan and his son Ralph (originally from Michigan) who are buried in the Buckskin cemetery, Colorado. (See: https://moynahangenealogy.blogspot.com/2019/02/capt-james-minihan-1840-1899.html)
  3.  
This past summer there has been an additional wonderful development in my Michigan/Colorado Moynahan research :
  1. Descendants of Ambrose Moynahan's daughter, Zelda (Moynahan) Woeber (1901-2002), are in the process of sorting through many family photographs, documents and memoirs that detail the life of some of our Moynahan ancestors in Michigan and Colorado from the 1850s to present day. I am so grateful that they have reached out to me on my blog and have generously shared a great deal of new information with me already!
 Today's blog post focuses on Zelda's sister Jacqwyn's family, the Krolickis of Denver, Colorado (red box below)
Our Michigan/Colorado Moynahan ancestors - previous blog posts in blue and today's blog post in red

As part of my "On This Day" practice,  today I am honouring Raymond Stanislaus Krolicki  who married Jacqwyn Mary Moynahan (daughter of Ambrose and Mae Belle Moynahan).  

My "On This Day" practice is my way to:

  • honour the life events of my ancestors
  • revisit my previous research, 
  • check for new information online (i.e. on ancestry and Family Search)
  • update any of my previous blog posts if new information was found
  • share these #OTD memes on social media like my Facebook page (to share with family) and on twitter (to share with other genealogists)
  • In some cases, I create new blog posts.

Raymond Stanislaus Krolicki Died August 30, 1986

Times-Advocate (Escondido, California) · 3 Sep 1986, Wed · Page 9 Downloaded on Aug 29, 2019
    The Krolicki Family

    This blog post is dedicated to the Krolicki family of Denver Colorado pictured below in this delightful Getty photograph going to the movies in 1955
    Getty Image: Denver Post Archives; The Krolicki Family; July 20, 1955.
     Following The "Shaking Leaves"

    When I reviewed Ambrose in 2017 on ancestry.ca, there were lots of new leaves to check out and one branch led me directly to the Krolicki family in Denver Colorado.

    The Colorado Moynahans
    I learned that Ambrose's daughter Jacqwyn Mary Moynahan (1918-1994) married Raymond Stanislaus Krolicki (1920-1986). I have not been successful locating the marriage record or determining where or when they met.

    There were twelve children named in Rays 1986 obituary (Mary--Michaele Brooks (Germany); Kelli Avrit (Calif)' Elizabeth Golddman, Margaret Crenshaw, Leslie Krolicki and son Matthew missing above)

    "Ray", as he was called, was a WW II war veteran who lost both of his legs after he encountered a land mine in Germany. When Ray enlisted for the war in July, 1941, he was working for the Royal Cab Co in Detroit Michigan.

    Source: Getty Image: Denver Post Archives; June 18, 1956
    Source: Getty Image: Denver Post Archives;
    BURIAL Fort Logan National Cemetery Denver, Denver County, Colorado, USA Add to Map PLOT Section U, Site 3610 MEMORIAL ID 890804 · View Source https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/890804/jacqwyn-mary-krolicki
    Ray Was An Artist/Cartoonist at the Denver Post

    Ray worked at the Denver Post for thirty-four years. He worked as chief in the editorial art department.

    Source: Getty Image: Denver Post Archives; Oct 21, 1960


    Source: Getty Image: Denver Post Archives; Sept. 10, 1971


    Being an artist myself, I was keen to locate any artwork and/or cartoons created by Ray but I was unsuccessful.

    My 3rd cousin (twice removed) Jackie (Moynahan) Krolicki died at 75 years-of-age in 1994 at her home in Oceanside, California (San Diego county)

    Jacqwyn Mary (Moynahan) Krolicki 1918–1994
    Birth 3 JUL 1918 • Colorado
    Death 28 MAR 1994 • San Diego

    Source: North County Times Oceanside, California 30 Mar 1994, Wed  •  Page 15

    As I continue to add details to the Krolicki family tree, I expect to see more "shaking leaves" on ancestry to fill in more of the details. Below is the obituary for Ray and Jackie Krolicki's twin daughter Susan Williams who died in 2007 in Fort Myers, Florida.

    Source: News-Press (Fort Myers, Florida)
    · 15 Jun 2007, Fri ·
    Page 17

    Useful Research Links for Denver Colorado

    Researching Denver https://history.denverlibrary.org/research/newspapers
    Colorado Newspapers https://history.denverlibrary.org/sites/history/files/doc_2017_1868.pdf

    4 comments:

    1. Hi I just happened on this and have no idea what it’s all about. Please tell me who are you and how are you related to us? I am Mary-Michaele Krolicki (Beltz)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hello Mary,

        Thanks for leaving comments on my blog. I am related through the Moynahan name and have been researching the Moynahans for many years. There is a book being developed that will be of interest to you on the life of James Moynahan (1842-1919)

        If you contact me through the contact form on the right hand side of this blog page, we can communicate by email.

        So happy to find you through this blog!

        Delete
    2. The study of our genealogy just Came to my attention if you days ago. I’m wondering who begin this blog and how we are related

      ReplyDelete
    3. Hi Mary, My wife and I are the ones Cindi mentioned as working to soon publish James Moynahan's Memoirs (Civil War Veteran, helped found Alma, CO, CO State Senator). Cindi has been a collaborator on the project and great researcher.

      My wife is descended through Zelda Moynahan Woeber - grand-daughter of James Moynahan. AE Moynahan (son of James) had three daughters - Zelda was the oldest and Jackie Moynahan Krolicki (who married Ray) was the youngest.

      We have a number of pictures of Jackie and would be glad to send you detailed scans if you're interested. Thank you. Andrew & Lynn (Woeber) Muras, amuras66@gmail.com

      ReplyDelete