Sunday, August 11, 2019

Celebrating 3000 People !


Yesterday, I reached a new milestone in my family history research when my ancestry account recorded 3001 people in my family tree.



I remember in the early 1980s when I started with 300 people and how I wanted to know more about their lives and their children’s lives and their children’s lives etc. Back then, research required physical visits to libraries, churches, cemeteries, archives and lots of letter writing.

Times have changed. The internet has made researching family history so much easier amd certainly more convenient than those old days.

And blogging about what I have learned about the ancestors has been incredibly rewarding as well and I have recently been contacted through my my blog by descendants of my Colorado Moynahan kin, my Tilbury Moynahan kin and my husband’s Foreman kin. I will be writing about that over the next few weeks. I feel very grateful when I’m contacted through this blog by distant cousins.

With so many ancestors in my family tree, my “On This Day” practice is a valuable tool to continuously update information and to honour my ancestors.

Lots of people do not fully understand why I’ve felt compelled since the 1980s to do this research and the best explanation that I could offer is in the quote below that I placed on top of a photograph that I took when I finally visited the cemetery where Timothy Moynahan(1861-1941) is buried.


No comments:

Post a Comment