Friday, September 8, 2017

Sept. 10: National Grandparents Day

National Grandparents Day is celebrated at different times of year depending on the country. 
In Canada and the US it is 
Sunday, September 10th, 2017

My great great grandparents
Jeremiah and Mary (Brennan) Moynahan (based on of photograph circa 1922)
Mixed media sketch on monoprint by Cindi Moynahan-Foreman

Diane Nolin of "Genealogy: Moving Beyond BMD" has issued a challenge for National Grandparents Day and you can read about Diane's challenge here: http://genealogybeyondthebmd.blogspot.ca/2017/09/grandparents-day-challenge.html

Diane Nolin's CHALLENGE:  "Tell a story as told to you by one of your grandparents!"

I would like to expand on that challenge slightly:
  • Did your grandparents ever tell you a story that you never forgot?
  • Did you ever hear a story about one of your grandparents that you never forgot?
  • Did you ever hear a story about a grandparent who you NEVER met that makes you wish you could travel back in time to talk to them?
My Paternal grandparents
My maternal Grandparents




The picture below was taken in Windsor, Ontario on the porch of my great grandparents home on Campbell Avenue. 
(On the left is me and on the right my cousin Lorri.)
We are posing with our great grandmother
Mary Anne Elizabeth (Broderick) Moynahan (1869-1960) 

I feel very fortunate to have this photograph.


Happy Grandparents Day



No comments:

Post a Comment