Thursday, June 18, 2015

52 Ancestors No. 25: My Mystery "Homestead Veranda" Photograph

This is my twenty-first of 52 blog posts for the 2015 edition of the 52 Ancestors challenge. I have been blogging my family history for the #52Ancestors challenge since it began in 2014.

#52Ancestors asks bloggers to "have one blog post each week devoted to a specific ancestor. It could be a story, a biography, a photograph, an outline of a research problem — anything that focuses on one ancestor. 





This week's theme is "The Old Homestead" and I have chosen this beautiful mystery photograph that was in my grandmother Rhea (Coughlin) Moynahan's photo collection.

I have not yet identified the ancestors in this photo but I feel fairly confident in saying it is a home located somewhere in Essex county, Ontario.


It is not in the best of condition and shows a woman and two young girls sitting on a lovely veranda and a young boy sitting on his bike in what is most likely Windsor or Wallaceburg, Ontario. Or perhaps Detroit?

The mystery woman with two young girls.

A young boy on a bike.

The woman is holding a newspaper on her lap.
This young girl is holdinga doll.
This young girl has a kitten on her lap.
It would be wonderful if any cousins recognized this family and could help me identify these ancestors. Or if there are photography and/or fashion experts who might be able to help me identify a date.

Until then, this is a treasured photograph of a lovely family on the beautiful veranda of their home


No comments:

Post a Comment