|Source: AO RG 1-100-0-0-1368 http://ao.minisisinc.com/FS_IMAGES/I0050834.jpg|
"Colonel Thomas Talbot contributed to road development, and Talbot Road was named for him. Talbot Road followed a natural ridge of glacial moraine which stretched from Windsor to Point Pelee."
The establishment of good roads led to further settlement along the 'Middle Road' and .....settlers of this era were often emigrants from Britain and Ireland.... The village of Maidstone was the centre of the Irish community...."
Crown Land Grants - Early 1820's to 1850's. (223 pages) Crown Land Sales - Essex County (1800 - 1920's) (184 pages) Western District - Locations and Grants from June 1820 to 1821 and beyond (375 pages)